1. Before turning 12 months
You can begin to recognize the symptoms of autism in babies around 6 and 12 months. It usually happens when the parents, or those who interact with the child, notice that the little one does not reach the typical achievements during their first year of life. Some of the signs are:
- They don’t pay attention to new faces.
- They don’t respond to loud noises.
- They don’t grab or hold objects.
- They don’t respond to a parent’s smile
- They are not trying to attract attention through actions.
- They have no interest in participating in interactive games with people.